padr at kth.se
Decision and Control Systems
Malvinas Väg 10, floor 6
Stockholm, 114 28
I am a PhD Student associated with the division of Decision and Control Systems (DCS), at the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, affiliated with the Wallenberg AI, Autonomous Systems and Software Program (WASP). In my Ph.D., my main supervisor is Prof. Dimos Dimarogonas, and I am my co-supervised by Prof. Mikael Johansson, and Prof. Jana Tumova.
During my Ph.D. I focus on practically applicable theoretical results. In short, I am extremely motivated to work on problems that can directly contribute to system performance and enhanced capabilities, particularly in the domains of aerial and space robotics - being them from an algorithmic, control-theoretic, or computational perspective. I am fond of open-source software and hardware, and actively contribute (or have contributed) to the NASA Astrobee and PX4, which I have used in my research through test sessions on the International Space Station and indoor flight arenas.
Currently, I hold the main responsibility to setup a Space Robotics Laboratory at KTH, associated with the Space Center and the WASP NEST DISCOWER project. In DISCOWER, I collaborate with a fantastic group of 3 other fellow Ph.D. students, 2 master students, 6 Professors and one Post-doc. For more information about DISCOWER, visit the website here.
My research interests revolve around the topics of:
- Space Robotics: weightless robotics (DISCOWER Github), collaborative robotics (Space Cobot) and exploration robotics (MoonHopper);
- Control Theory: model predictive control (on-orbit ReSWARM) and collaborative load transportation (IROS 2022 Outstand Coordination Award);
- Computer Vision: visual-servoing, distributed vision systems.
|Nov 5, 2023||I am happy to announce that today I start a 4 month internship at JPL, within the Maritime and Multi-Agent Systems group led by Dr. Amir Rahmani. Excited to see what we come up with!|
|Sep 26, 2023||Today, DISCOWER demo‘ed our new Space Robotics Laboratory at KTH ITRL to Digital Futures, SAAB AB, SAAB Inc., and Purdue scholars. This was the first demo of our new facilities!|
|Jul 12, 2023||I’m happy to share that our work on “Corridor MPC for Multi-Agent Inspection of Orbiting Structures”, with Gregorio Marchesini and Dimos V. Dimarogonas was accepted for oral presentation at IEEE CDC 2023!|
|Nov 29, 2022||DISCOWER got featured on the WASP newsletter! Read about the project and what unites us at United by Weightlessness!|
|Jun 27, 2022||It is my pleasure to announce that our work “Decentralized Model Predictive Control for Equilibrium-based Collaborative UAV Bar Transportation” was awarded the Outstanding Coordination Award at the 2022 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA)!|
- ICRA 2022 Outstanding Coordination AwardDecentralized Model Predictive Control for Equilibrium-based Collaborative UAV Bar TransportationIn 2022 International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA) 2022
- Corridor MPC: Towards Optimal and Safe Trajectory TrackingIn 2022 American Control Conference (ACC) 2022
- Space CoBot: Modular design of an holonomic aerial robot for indoor microgravity environmentsIn 2016 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS) 2016